2.5 days (20 hours) per week
Salary : £12,500 (PA)
Purpose of Role:
To create and implement the Marketing strategy, working closely with venue managers, event’s team and operations manager.
This role spans a number of platforms:
Press & Media
These include but are not limited to:
- Build followers & maintain profile on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook across all three venues.
- Create and promote Facebook events
- Liaise with Venue Managers and Head Chefs for content
- To draw up a marketing plan for the year and for individual events as they happen. To implement this plan in a timely manner
- Assist the events team in promoting events taking place at both venues through liaising with venue staff & head office.
- Promote all venues food and drinks offering.
- Keeping up to date with changes within the industry.
• Manage website content (wordpress) and ensure all information and images are up to date
• Maintain SEO and Goole Analytics strategy
• Provide content for the Canteen & No.1 Harbourside blog
• Work with the music team to ensure all online event listings are up to date and seek out new listings locations
• Manage web security with our host provider
- To liaise with the Music Manager to deliver the monthly music listings posters in a timely manner – collecting copy, arranging print and collection etc.
- Assist and work with ops manager to create all in house printed advertisements. Posters, menus etc.
- Create press releases for events etc. in good time, send round press and media list and follow up
- Create and maintain a relationship with various press outlets and journalists to share info on the market
- Respond to requests from journalists for information/images/interviews/reviews promptly
- Update and expand press & media list
- Compile a library of press features
- Arrange interviews with local radio where appropriate
- Ensure monthly music listings are sent to press and listings locations
- Attend regular meetings with the venue managers, directors and Music Manager
- Explore suitable networks to link up with and how – Flexi Bristol, Food Connections, Food Network, Coexist etc.
- Ensure the personality of all venues is communicated
- Promote new food menus (weekly for Canteen, approx. monthly for No.1 & The Old Market Assembly) through our own channels, food press list and social media networks as appropriate
- Promote drinks – guest beers, seasonal wine lists
- Link up to local/community networks and events
- Promotion of awards we are nominated for, festivals we are part of etc.
Skills & Experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in digital marketing
- Working knowledge of WordPress (or similar CMS systems)
- Experience of copywriting for blog/website/social media
- Problem solving skills & ability to multitask
- A solid grasp of grammar and good proof reading skills/attention to detail
- Able to work from your own initiative
- Good time management and ability to prioritise
- Can work from your own laptop
- Able to take photos for social media on your own smart phone/camera
- Understanding of our ethos and sustainable outlook
- Ability to work as a team and self-motivate
- Excellent proof reading skills
- A people person, able to communicate easily with venue staff and the public
- Graphic design skills
- Experience & knowledge of Adobe Indesign
Job and Application Information
- Location: Based at head office in The Canteen on Stokes Croft but expected to work from all sites when appropriate.
- Hours: It is possible to spread your hours over several days, but you must be able to commit to regular meetings
- Start Date: 17th September 2018
- Closing date for applications: 27th August 2018
- Interviews to be held: 30th & 31st AugustTo Apply
- Your CV
- A cover letter (no more than 1 A4 page please) outlining your experience and why you would be suitable for this role
- The interview date most convenient to you