Experienced Head Chef wanted to run The Canteen’s vibrant & busy kitchen in Stokes Croft
The Canteen is a proudly independent company who has been awarded 3 stars from the Sustainable Restaurant Association in recognition for our ethical sourcing policy and the responsible way that we treat our staff, our community and our planet. Now we need a strong & experienced Head chef to lead it.
We are looking for someone who has a developed palate and passion for a wide range of cuisines. We want a creative individual who constantly innovates new menu ideas, someone with a sound financial understanding of how a business operates and fully supports the professional development of the kitchen team. Someone who loves cooking vegan and vegetarian foods as much as fish and meat. You would enjoy a busy and vibrant kitchen in a vibrant and busy venue. Our menu changes every week along with the changing seasons and there is never a dull moment.
What are the key responsibilities?
• Overall responsibility for daily operations in the kitchen
• Overall responsibility for the quality of food output from the kitchen
• Achieving a the required GP target every month
• Ensuring the kitchen delivers at least 10% profit of dry turnover each month
• Management, training and development of staff
• Adherence to the sourcing guidelines of the company
• Liaising with purchasing companies for food orders
• Producing menus and new dishes
• Arranging for repairs when necessary
• Maintain records of attendance including sickness and holiday each week
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
What is the required experience?
• Usually a minimum of 8 years working in a variety of kitchens.
• A flair with ingredients
• An ability to stay calm when the pressure mounts
• Strong leadership skills to motivate your kitchen team
• First rate culinary skills
If you care about the environment and where food comes from, even better!
This is a full-time position with a reflective salary depending on experience. We are a caring and ethical company who genuinely believes in helping our staff achieve a healthy work/life balance. If this sounds like it could be for you, please email a CV and cover letter to me as soon as is possible. We look forward to hearing from you!