Technical Manager & Live music engineer
25hrs a month £10ph
(Management hours, with 4 extra sound engineering shifts per week at £10ph (Average extra £800+ per month))
We are looking for a proficient live sound technician to oversee a team of sound engineers and be responsible for maintenance and management of sound & lighting equipment for three major venues in Bristol. This will be an all year-round job and we are looking for someone who would be able to cover throughout all the different seasons of the year.
This exciting role would be suitable for anyone who is interested in gaining experience within the industry and needs a job with more flexibility.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A good communicator.
- Has patience, stamina and good concentration.
- Has the ability to cope with long hours and tight deadlines.
- An experienced live sound engineer.
- Can work as part of a team.
Knowledge of the Bristol music scene would be advantageous.
The main tasks of this role are:
- Overseeing Rota & Calendar & Keeping Tabs on Tech Specs
We are looking for someone with the management experience to maintain a rota for each of the venues with the rest of the sound team and be willing manage cover when it is required. Be able to take on new engineers when needed and make sure each member of the team is keeping up standards.
- Keeping our specs folders up to date and flagging issues/ hiring equipment when there is something missing for larger acts.
- Arranging specialist repairs.
- Replacing sundry items and making up new cables at all venues.
- Servicing DJ equipment/decks at all three venues
- Maintain the backline.
- Repairs and replacements of lighting and anything music related within the buildings.
- Work closely with the music and events managers to ensure all big events run smoothly
Keep up to date with the admin that comes along with the job
- No office-based requirement whilst not working.
- Potential to move to a full-time role at an exciting growing and innovative company.
- Free meals while working from our 3*SRA rated restaurants
If you are interested in applying please read the job description and apply with your CV and a little about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 26th January 2018
Monday 29th January 2018 (PM)
Tuesday 30th January 2018 (AM)